Sunday, September 11, 2011

Smiley

Oliver is 5 months old!  It is hard for me to believe that my littlest guy is so big.  He smiles a TON, which has earned him the nickname "Smiley" at our house.

Sammy loves his little brother!  He will occasionally ask to hold Oliver or feed him, and I just love watching them together.

Oliver loves his Super Yummy Teether from Discovery Toys.  It smells like vanilla, and I use DT's Boomerings to attach it to the high chair or swing or carseat so that it won't get lost.  He likes to play with the Boomerings almost as much as the teether!

As soon as we put Oliver in the Jumparoo and his feet touched the floor, it was destiny.  The sky opened up, the angels sang, and he had a new favorite place to hang out.  He doesn't just want to be held anymore.  Oh, no!!  He wants to jump!  He wants his feet to make contact with a solid surface underneath him so that he can use those chubby springy legs and bounce! He apparently wore himself out in it, and I snapped this picture just before he woke up and smiled at me with those tired blue eyes.

I think he may be a bit concerned with the quality of the food at this establishment.  This was the first bite of one of his first oatmeal feedings.  He wasn't exactly a fan at first, but I think it's growing on him.

 
I have no idea what he was reacting to in this picture, but the look on his face cracks me up! 

A bunch of other fun pictures.  Griffin is very protective of Oliver!  He will run and get his pacifier to calm him down, and he'll stand there and talk to Oliver for a long time while he coos and giggles and blows bubbles at Griffin.  I think Oliver laughs the loudest for his big brother.

2 comments:

Shana said...

I love those pictures! I couldn't believe I was looking at Oliver each time, because there were pictures where he looked just like Sammy and some where he looked just like Griffin. But he is gorgeous, and I love his smiles, and I can't wait to hold him again (if he'd let me!). You have three beautiful boys, Carody!

Shana

Robyn said...

Oh my goodness...Your boys are so cute!!! (Oliver is absolutely A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E...) What baby isn't though relaly right?! I have enjoyed reading your homeschool post and about your boys. I only have one right now and not sure how my sister inlaw survives my 3 nephews...or how anyone has more than one boy!? My daughters were so easy...this boy...BLESS HIM LORD...he has helped my 'natural highlighting'!!!Beautiful family.