Thursday, August 07, 2008

We have a Wii

Oh my. Do wii ever. I mean we. Have a Wii, that is. So many jokes, so little time.

Mike got a Wii with some of his hard-earned spendin' money, and we have been enjoying the fruits of his labor ever since! For anyone who isn't familiar with the Wii (pronounced "we"), it is a game system made by Nintendo. The system has SO many available games, all priced between about $20 and $50.

When you buy the Wii system, it comes with the Sports CD, which has tennis, golf, bowling, baseball and boxing. You have a handheld device that senses your every movement, and in bowling, for instance, you press a button on the device, act like it is your bowling ball, hold it up under your chin, then swing back and release the button when you want to release your bowling ball. Did you get all of that?

It is very realistic... except you don't have to actually hold the 12-pound ball, and you don't have to wait for the pins to reset themselves after you're done with your first ball. (Unless you are Mike, and can actually get a strike!)

Mike thought it would be nice to get an arcade-type game, so he took us all with him to Best Buy (big mistake). One hundred and forty dollars later, I am a very happy woman.

Okay, well, my stuff was only about $110. So there.

He bought me the Wii Fit. If you have heard anything bad about the Wii Fit, I'd like to know. I am personally head-over-heels in love with this system. The Fit system includes a white board that is about 2 1/2 feet by 1 1/2 feet, and about 2 inches off the ground. It senses your every movement, just like the handheld device. It has a CD with it that includes balance games, aerobic exercises, strength training exercises and yoga. Everything has music and it feels like you are playing games rather than exercising! With the possible exception of yoga. Because I don't know of any games where you hold the Tree pose for as long as possible. I'm working my way up to yoga. Right now I am finding my center of balance.

My favorite "games" or exercises are the balance boards where you have to try to get all of the balls to fall through the holes on the balance board without them falling off the sides of the board (you control the board's movements with your feet), the hula hoops (please don't try to picture ME doing hula hoops, your brain might fall out), the step exercises, the soccer hit-the-balls-flying-at-you-with-your-head game, and the ski jump. Sounds like fun, no? I usually last 17 minutes before my ankles are killing me and I have to sit down. That's my hour of exercise per week! And it's fun. What more could I ask for?

Have I mentioned that I love my husband? He's the best!!!

2 comments:

Carly said...

hello, i also ran across your blog on Marietta's blog and you crack me up! we do not own a wii but have played before and they are sooo much fun! i enjoy reading your blog so instead of going thru Marietta's all the time i think i will add you to my list of good reads! make it a great day!

Carody said...

Hey, thanks Carly! I now have graduated from 4 readers to 5!! Woohooooo!!!!

Just kidding. I have at LEAST 8 readers.

Anyway.

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I know I have more readers, they just don't all have time to comment. Or something.

Have a super day!