Sunday, May 18, 2008

I Must Admit

I didn't actually "go for a walk" with Mike and the boys yesterday. I drove to Dairy Queen while they walked there, then drove them over to the gas station and they were going to walk home from there. On our way to the gas station, we saw the big "Griffin" tubes (which Mike informs me are not "plastic tubes" as I called them yesterday. Oh well. They looked like big plastic tubes to me. Anyway, Mike requested a photo shoot at the tubes, so I ran (ahem... drove) home and grabbed my precious camera and when I got back it turned into... well, it turned into some big picture-taking fun for me!

I was too tired to walk much after having gone on "Garden Tour 2008" with my parents from about 10am-4pm. Saturday mornings are my time to go do something fun for myself, and I was invited at the last minute to go with Mom and Dad, so I snatched up the opportunity to do something different and out of my normal comfort zone!

It was such a fun time, and I learned a lot about plants, gardens, and what flowers I love. There were 6 homes on the tour, all of them lived in by "Master Gardeners," who are talented beyond belief when it comes to their knowledge of flowers and plants of all varieties, and also their planting and decorating abilities... it was truly amazing to walk through their gorgeous yards and stare in awe at the beauty they had helped to create. I can't wait to go again next year! I'm putting it on my calendar for sure.

And yes, I'll be taking my camera.

No comments: