Wednesday, February 27, 2008

MACM (Wednesday) # 5


Okay, so I forgot to take pictures of the ever-so-fabulous gift I gave to Bonnie, but I may be able to have her take a picture of it and send it to me so that I can post it here. Instead, I am posting a picture of a card I made (a pack of ten cards, actually) for my Grandma for her 80th birthday. Her birthday was actually on February 4th, but she came here to visit so that she could be at a jazz concert my brother Wesley was playing in.
We had a fun visit, and I got to spend some time with her and Mom as we went to look for a piece of jewelry -- also for her birthday, from my mom -- and went to Einstein Brothers for lunch, and visited a super-fun little shop called "Something Else" that was just chock-full of those crafty kinds of things that we could so easily make ourselves but never (make?) time to actually do.
Then we got to spend time with Aunt Susan and Uncle John, my cousin Alison and also Christy's family, eating dinner and hanging out before we all went to the concert and were totally wowed by all of the amazing musicians displaying their talents. I was wiping away tears more than once. Especially when Wesley stood there all by himself and played an amazing solo on his trumpet, so clear and beautiful, even though he was using a mute of some kind... it actually reminded me of Mardi Gras music, but the song was called Meetin' Time, and was reminiscent of a black church service down south. A baby in the audience even cried once while they were playing the song, how appropriate!
Anyway, back to the card. I used some textured lavender cardstock from Archiver's as the base of the card, and layered it with Wild Wasabi, Eggplant Envy (retired) and Whisper White, which are all from Stampin Up!... the ribbon is some lavender I picked up from Wal-Mart. I used Watercolor Wonder Crayons to watercolor the design after stamping it in Stazon ink. The stamp is from the "Long-Time Friend" set.
I love the way the colors all came together, and the card reminds me of spring and summer and all of the warmth and beauty that comes when the sun shines and warms up the earth... boy, I think I need some coffee. Or hot tea. And some warm fuzzy socks. Something to warm up my cold fingers and toes.
I'm going upstairs to do that, and I'll curl up and read a good book while I'm at it (the boys and the girl I'm babysitting are all asleep! yay!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those colours together! very dreamy card.

Bonnie