Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Past

We are done celebrating the birth of Jesus, but it still seems like Christmas to me. I know that in a couple of days the season will have "worn off", but for now I am still reveling in the Christmas Spirit. Griffin loves his Thomas the Train -- the trains and the huge track that covers a large portion of floor when it's all laid out, the blanket, the movies, and everything he got related to Thomas Himself. Sammy is having fun playing with everyone's new toys... his own, Griffin's and even Mommy and Daddy's when he can get his chubby little hands on them! I guess it's just anything anyone else is interested in... because we are all so cool, and he wants to be in the club!

Mike gave me the movie "The Devil Wears Prada", and I have watched it three times since I unwrapped it. It has got to be one of my new favorite movies. Right up there with Sabrina and Anne of Green Gables. Well, not nearly on par with Anne, but it's up there somewhere. Mike also gave me cash, which might not seem romantic, but was actually a huge blessing because I really didn't know what I wanted and this makes it fun for me! I got a pair of shoes to wear at the gym, and I'm going to find a fun little towel that I can take there and maybe a couple of shirts to work out in. I'd love to have a little MP3 player, and Mike says he thinks he has one somewhere, so I'm pretty excited about that too! Mike got a big bag of dried fruits and nuts, a Far Side daily calendar for his office, a big box of candy bars (not the healthiest, I know, but he loves them and can restrain himself, unlike me), also for the office, and some gift cards to FuddRucker's, some of which we used tonight to enjoy a meal out with the boys. My little boys (yes, they are mine when they are behaving!) were SO good, and we had such a pleasant experience. It was really a fun night! Then we came home and the boys got to play "Bathketball". They actually ended up getting two of these sets from different people, which works out perfectly for us because now there's no (well, not much) fighting over whose basket is whose, and there are plenty of balls, too. Griffin wanted to go take a bath for a long time once he realized that he actually got to play basketball WHILE taking a bath, two of his favorite things to do.

Cleo is still healing from her declawing, and is limping around a bit and falling off of the couch because she forgets that her claws aren't there any more. Miles quickly learned, though, that she isn't quite the threat to his safety that she used to be, and he is taking full advantage of that fact.

I guess that's all for now. I actually have a lot more to say, but I really don't have the brain power to do it right now, and I have library books I need to finish reading before they are due. Have I mentioned that I LOVE the library? I like to use the online catalog, and put the books I want to read (or movies to watch) on hold, then just waltz in and give them my card and waltz out with what I asked for. Sure, sometimes you have to wait a couple of weeks for the good stuff, but it's so totally worth it!

Oh, you all should really watch "The Devil Wears Prada".

That's all.

No comments: