Friday, November 10, 2006

Clean Sweep

We cleaned the basement today!! I am so excited. Finally, I don't have to worry about Oprah popping in on me and doing one of those "How Clean is Your House?" shows featuring me and my dirty basement. We originally started out just making room for some exercise equipment I'm getting from a friend (Hallelujah, I'm so ready to get off of this weight loss plateau I'm on!). It turned into a major cleaning episode, with Mike putting some of his many computers into the storage room (thank you, Sweetie Pie!), and me cleaning up the mess the cats had made on the carpet. It was yucky, and that's all I will say about it.

If you have ever been to my house and I forbade you from going into the basement, well, never again! I can't wait to make it pretty now that it is finally clean. I'll have to find some inspiring artwork for the walls. It is going to be our play/exercise/office area. There are 3 rooms down there, so we should be able to accomplish all of that. The main room holds Mike's hugenormous (that IS a word, just don't look it up!) arcade game that he is fixing, a dart board, a kitchenette area, a TV,an antique (or at least it's really old, but pretty) desk and that is all right now until I get my Ab-Do-er, Gazelle, and one other piece of equipment that I can't remember right now. There is a sliding door that opens into the back yard also, but we really need more light down there.

Then there is Mike's office, which is actually set up just like a big cubicle with the "cubicle furniture" and everything. I don't know how he can stand to come home from a computer job in his "cell" as I call it -- he even has a "cell-mate!" -- and still want to go down to his office at night. I'll have to have him explain that to me!

My "office" is my inspiration room. I go there to try out new card designs, work on my scrapbooking (I'll never be caught up, but that's the fun of it!), print/copy/scan/fax with the awesome machine Mike's boss gave us, read my scrapbooking magazines, play with my stamps, and keep up-to-date with the latest Stampin' Up! happenings. I love my room, I just wish it weren't so darn cold!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see it!
Susan